Here comes the sun!
With the best of the sunny weather upon us, it's especially important to remember sun safety. Simple precautions like avoiding direct sun, wearing lightweight, tighter clothing and being diligent with sunscreen ensures you minimize your risk of sunburn.
For those that spend a lot of time outside, sunscreen is often the best defence against sun damage. Below are some tips to ensure you are making the most of sunscreen's protection.
- Check expiration days. Sunscreen does lose its potency over time. For best effectiveness, ensure your sunscreen is well within its expiration date.
- Do not store sunscreen in vehicles. The heat in your car can break down sunscreen's formula making it less potent.
- Choose SPF 30 or higher.
- Don't wait until you're outside to apply. Sunscreen takes about 20 minutes to fully sink into the skin before it is able to protect you against harmful UV rays.
- Re-apply every two hours.
- Look for "water resistant" formulas. These formulas stay on the skin better in water and when you sweat.
I've teamed up with Aveeno Canada to share a great giveaway of approx. $300USD worth of sun essentials!
Gift Basket includes:
-AVEENO® PROTECT + HYDRATE™ Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30, 45 and 60
-AVEENO® Sensitive Skin Mineral Sunscreen SPF 50
-AVEENO® BABY® Sunscreen SPF 50
-AVEENO® BABY® Sensitive Skin Face Sun Stick SPF 50
-SunnyLife Children's Beach Chair
-SunnyLife Retro Radio
-SunnyLife Round Fouta Beach Towel
Giveaway is only open to Canadian residents (excluding Quebec). Giveaway has no cash value. Ends 14/06/18.